RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR ISP programmer that will work with laptop

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] AVR ISP programmer that will work with laptop
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:03:33 +0100

Could you not put the signals through a non inverting buffer powered from
the target board? 74HCT logic Has a minimum logic high voltage of 2V with a
supply of 4.5V to 5.5V
This is how it's done for PONY PROG which has software for windows and
Linux.

Hope this helps (or even if you receive it)
Dan.

Hi All

I am looking for an ISP programmer that will work with my laptop.  I had
built an adapter to connect the parallel port to the 10pin ISP interface
but the laptop's parallel port only puts out 3.5volts and most of the
AVR chips I have will not program at that voltage (the board voltage is
5.0v).

I was looking at the ATAVRISP, does this work well with uisp running on
Linux?

Thanks.

__
Ormund