Re: [avr-gcc-list] FAQ (was: strange behaviour with ceil())

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] FAQ (was: strange behaviour with ceil())
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:34:33 -0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

It really doesn't matter one way or the other whether or not to change the libraries.

Except that there are people who use the Windows port of AVR GCC and are not familiar with the Unix convention. The two solutions are: leave the libraries as is per "history" and have an easily available FAQ that explains the convention on linking in the math library, or combine the libraries with perhaps a FAQ on overriding library routines with another library.

Would you agree that it is more likely that more people will just call some standard C math routine than those that want to make their own math routine?

Again, one could go either way. It just seems like it would be easier on a certain segment of the users to combine the libraries as opposed to preserving history. I also understand that a certain amount of effort is involved in combining them and perhaps that's best left to a low priority task.

Eric