[avr-gcc-list] Debugger GUI

From: Marko Panger
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Debugger GUI
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:01:47 +0100 (Central Europe Standard Time)

Hello all !!

I am new to the Linux world and I would like some opinions on simulators and
GUI debuggers for GCC. I was using AVR Studio + GCC + Elfcoff (recently
objtool) under windows environment, but I got stuck with this eternal
incompatibility with AVR studio and other stuff so I decided to move on
Linux.

I successfully installed the GNU toolset for AVR and I would like to have a
simulator and a graphical user interface for GDB too. As I have read there
is Simulavr which simulates the AVR device and GDB which works as a remote
server for it. You know, we, guys from Windows are used to GUI's so I would
like to ask which GUI for gdb do you suggest.

I would also appreciate some hints on simulavr + gdb + some GUI.

Thanks in advance !

Marko Panger