Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy help

From: Erik Christiansen
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy help
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:30:19 +1000

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 06:18:44PM -0700, milka singh wrote:
>         When i compile and do a avr-objcopy to an srec
> format, i have my opcode starting at 0xfc00, but the
> file has soo many 0xff before that (from begning of
> file to 0xfc00), which makes it unusable.

Milka,

   Since srec format comprises short self contained data records with
integral address information, legally occurring in any order, it does
not seem to require slabs of fill for any known reason. That avr-objcopy
inserts them, would not be my first guess.

   Does "avr-objdump -D your_elf_file" reveal any trace of the herds of
0xff infesting your output file? (i.e. has the damage been done before
avr-objcopy is invoked?)

Erik