Re: [avr-gcc-list] Table in bootloader section

From: Marko Panger AGB Lab
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Table in bootloader section
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:25:56 +0200

If I understend well at this time there is no possibility to place a table in the bootloader section, because If I define a table as prog_char, the table will be placed in the .progmem section.

Is this correct ?

Hmm... could be possible to relocate the .text section to a defined address ?

marko

E.Weddington wrote:
You are correct. I did a test after posting and saw that

mixing

..progmem.data and other sections does not work.

My comment about the dox needing an update explaning that

you need to

tell the linker where to put the .bootloader section

still holds

though. If you don't do that, the .booloader section will

be placed

after the .text section, which is not likely to be in the

device's

bootloader area.

Ted Roth

You're absolutely right about the docs. Luckily there is a FAQ item that describes how to relocate a named section, but it's not clear how that and avr/boot.h are related.

avr/boot.h needs a little bit of work all the way around.

Eric