Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using AVR Tools

From: Eric Fu
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Using AVR Tools
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:36:36 +1100

1) Is this a good first step ?
I think so.

> 2) Is this an ideal way to develop a complex system? Or mixing WINAVR and
AVRStudio will creat problems?
Not ideally. But if you want free tools, this is the best. Plus, the mailing
group can give you a lot of help.

> 3) Which are the topics, I should study in depth? Do I need to study the
architecture/instruction sets of the micro controller in detail before I do
all this? Is learning how to generate make files very crucial?
You need to know the architecture a bit, but not necessarily the assembly
instruction in detail.
No need to learn makefile in the begining. I just used E. Weddington's
sample makefile without much modification. So you could have more time to
write your code.

> 4) Do I have to create different make files each time I make a new .c
file?

Just add .c in the file list. (follow E Weddington's user guide)
> 5) Where can I find more sample programs?
>From Atmel Web application note, AVRfreaks site

Regards,

Eric Fu