RE: [avr-gcc-list] Problem building gcc-4.0-2004128 for avr

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Problem building gcc-4.0-2004128 for avr
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:30:05 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Bernard Fouché wrote:

> Thanks Ted, it now works! Should I fill a bug report (or a documentation
> need)? Obviously building in another directory changed from "prefered" to
> "mandatory".

From the gccinstall.info file:

       First, we *highly* recommend that GCC be built into a separate
   directory than the sources which does *not* reside within the source
   tree.  This is how we generally build GCC; building where SRCDIR ==
   OBJDIR should still work, but doesn't get extensive testing; building
   where OBJDIR is a subdirectory of SRCDIR is unsupported.

I've never had problems with having OBJDIR as a subdir of SRCDIR, but
that doesn't make it a fact that it works correctly.

Not sure if it's worth a bug report or not.

---
Ted Roth
PGP Key ID: 0x18F846E9
Jabber ID: address@hidden