Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR disassembly and testsuite

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVR disassembly and testsuite
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:06:15 -0700

Johannes Bauer wrote:

Svein E. Seldal wrote:

Do you have a FSF assignment for binutils?

I cannot accept any patches from anyone for GNU tools software, except if they have this agreement signed.

What the heck... are you serious? Why do they need a signed agreement?
What do you need to sign in order to send patches in?! Why is it not
sufficient to just release the patch under the GPL?
Geez, where have you been? See this:
<http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#Legal-Matters>
and check out www.gnu.org for more info.

Sometimes the FSF scares me a bit away, really...

I agree it's annoying. But if you want to play the game, they set the rules. And it's all for the common good anyway.

Eric