Re: [avr-gcc-list] avrdude problem on win XP - O.T.

From: Werner Joss
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avrdude problem on win XP - O.T.
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 09:18:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Did you try to execute install_giveio.bat in winavr/bin directory?

yes, I did.

> This
> is needed for parallel port programmers, because avrdude uses direct
> access to the io ports.

well, I realized later that giveio is only needed for parallel port
programming, so this shouldn't make a matter, as I try to do serial port
programming.
meanwhile I found a hint that the baudrate might be wrong for butterfly
device with default setup for avrdude.
I'll try to verify and see if that is the problem.
thanks for help, anyways.

werner