Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20060125 Released

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] [ANN] WinAVR 20060125 Released
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:18:58 +0530

Hi,
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:26:57 +0530, Eric Weddington <address@hidden> wrote:

in the last WinAVR, I used to get a summary of memory usage at the end
of the compilation.
The new 2006 version does not do this.

Yes, and my apologies for not explaining it properly in the user manual.

Before, this report was generated by a call to a shell script. This
shell script was called from within the WinAVR Makefile Template. This
shell script would get data from the avr-size utility and massage it
into the correct format.

Now, this functionality has been rolled into the avr-size utility
itself. The WinAVR Makefile Template (and the template within MFile) has

Still it lacks the useful '% of memory used', which is more instantly
understandable.

Thanks,
--Royce.