RE: [avr-gcc-list] Makefile problem and solution

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Makefile problem and solution
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 01:27:59 -0600

And I strongly suggest that you ensure that WinAVR's make is used to build
your projects, as it is known to work without issue.

> > Only if you use absolute paths. My stuff works equally well on both
> > environments, because it's using relative paths.
> You are right and this should lead to an improvement of mfile to avoid
> absolute paths and reduce possible errors.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I've already worked in the
different compiler flag to generate dependencies with relative paths into
the Makefile Template. Thanks to you both for highlighting this issue and
thanks Dave for providing a solution! It's very appreciate.

FYI, Mfile started off, and still uses, the WinAVR Makefile Template
(located in <install>\sample\Makefile). Joerg and I work together on
Makefile Template to make sure that it works well with both Mfile, and as an
independently used makefile.

Eric Weddington