RE: [avr-gcc-list] Installing WinAVR 20070122 broke older3.4.5install?

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] Installing WinAVR 20070122 broke older3.4.5install?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:42:23 -0700

No, you're right in the first part. WinAVR should be changed allow multiple
installations, hence, give the user the option to uninstall or not.

The current model is one installation, make it easy for the user to install
a new version by automatically uninstalling, *if* installed in the same
location.

It'll take some doing to change to a different format, but I'm convinced now
that it will make it a better "product".

Thanks for all your help and insight.

All I can say for now is my apologies for all the hassle, and let's see if
we can get this fixed on the next go-around.

Eric