Re: [avr-gcc-list] prog_mem limitation?

From: Marc Wetzel
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] prog_mem limitation?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:16:45 +0200

Is this the intended behaviour?
What cause is here the trigger?
I'm not eaxctly sure why they behave differently, but the
latter causes teststring[] to be allocated in the .data
section instead of .progmem.

Probably because the second case does not have the 'static' keyword?

Eric
Thank you all for your quick answers. I get it now, but if you ask me: I don't like it. I always saw the prog_mem keyword just like a "flash" modifier, don't know from where I got it (IAR maybe?).

Who would need the differentiation of   "static flash" and "flash" ;-)
But I will never forget again.

BR
Marc