Re: [avr-gcc-list] Eclipse, avarice, JDB usage?

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Eclipse, avarice, JDB usage?
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 08:53:36 -0700

dlc wrote:
Hi all,

No one on AVR-chat appears to use avarice, avr-gcc and Eclipse. All are using AVR studio or nothing at all for debugging. SO, my question to this group is. How? Does anyone have any experience using the following nifty tools all together?
avr-gcc
avarice
Eclipse
Eclipse AVR plugin

To debug a program? It seems a lot of effort to create avarice to connect to the ADB engine for debugging for no one to use it. Is there a group dedicated to that topic perhaps?

I usually end up discussing avarice on avrdude-dev, which may not be the canonical place, but it seems like the right place to get information on avarice is where ever Joerg can be found :)

Sorry to say I don't use Eclipse -- although I've been thinking I should try it :) I use avr-gcc + avarice + gdb on Linux, but the old-fashioned command line way.

Not being familiar with Eclipse, this is going to be a dumb question... but since avarice looks like any other gdb server isn't the hookup relatively straight forward? (He says as he waits for the dull thud of the clue stick.)

-dave

thanks,
DLC