Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR Release Candidate

From: Bob Paddock
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] WinAVR Release Candidate
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:06:35 -0500

>> > WinAVR Release Candidate 20090306rc1 is now available.
>>
>> I'm watching the install unpack.  Why is H8, 68HC11, V850 stuff
>> being installed?
>
> Could you explain what you mean here?

When you run the setup.exe you can watch what it is unpacking.
It was listing many non-AVR devices.  Now that the install is
finished, I found that all of the non-AVR docs for other devices
are coming from the binutil and GCC directories.  Take a look in the
WinAVR-manifest log.

This is not hurting anything, just making the install a lot bigger.
I was just surprised to see them going by while installing.
May have been there in all past releases and I never noticed
them during unpacking before.