avr-libc-dev

Re: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #7464] Fix iom168p.h to be compatible withiom1

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #7464] Fix iom168p.h to be compatible withiom168.h
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:43:39 -0600

Well I'd say that that is a theoretical difference. As we've seen, we can't
rely on the fact that the XML device files are always up-to-date. We have
plenty of situations where the datasheets are updated first and the XML files
are afterward, even by some amount of time.

There is also the issue of deprecations. Deprecations in the IO header files
can't easily be automated. You end up with exceptions to a build script for
almost every single header file. This necessitates maintaining the header files
by hand after the *initial* header file generation.

Speaking of which, you closed a bug or two recently with some renamed values.
You haven't answered yet my email about if you want to deprecate the old names
using our new deprecation system...

Eric