Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 with stk5

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 with stk500
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:36:42 +0100

Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:

> Are you sure that newer firmware also uses 0x7x commands in serial
> mode?

I´m shure that the new firmware use in serial mode also the universal
command.
So nothing must changed here :-)))

So the parallel mode is "only" a complete add on without any other
change.

For my opinion it is quite simple to copy the stk500.c to stk500p.c and
start there.
The selection must be done at startup from command line with an other
programmer selection like "avrdude -c stk500p ..."
All needed things should be walk like say ever walk. After all changes
done and
tested through all users a time the stk500 could diff agains stk500p and
the serial part of
stk500.c move to stk500s.c, the generic part stay at stk500.c and the
parallel things
handled in stk500p.c

Is that a acceptable startpoint for you?

In that case only the different functionality must be setup
for the pgm->xyz pointers. Seems to be an easy job so.

So, I go now in wait position and let discuss the group here. If the
chief give the OK I start.
Ok, first I must get the cvs sources. ok :-))).

Let me know if my changes have chance to move in the main path of
development?

Thanks
        Klaus