Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 withstk500

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Problems reading writing fuses to at90s1200 withstk500
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:32:24 +0100

"Theodore A. Roth" wrote:

> To put the stk500 into parallel programming mode should only require
> change this code to allow the user to override the config file and set
> this param to 1:
>
> [from stk500.c]
> 370   if ((p->flags & AVRPART_SERIALOK) && (p->flags & AVRPART_PARALLELOK))
> 371     buf[3] = 0; /* device supports parallel and serial programming */
> 372   else
> 373     buf[3] = 1; /* device supports parallel only */

Sorry, this worked not for me. I tested it before my first mail :-)
The problem seems to be that there is no universal command with parallel
programming.

> I don't think you can problem the hardware to know if you have the
> stk500 wired up for Hi-V programming.

Yes, I think it too. I have no idea to check for this. So I think there
must be
a special option on the command line for it.

Any one have an other idea to fight that problem ?

Thanks
        Klaus