Re: [avrdude-dev] support for JTAG chaining in avrdude on Linux

From: Johannes Eickhold
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] support for JTAG chaining in avrdude on Linux
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 12:36:18 +0100

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 11:47 +0200, Johannes Eickhold wrote:
> I tried to compile avrdude from the latest revision in CVS to get
> support for the new -x command line parameter.
>
> The build failed

After some help from Joerg I tried to build a recent avrdude again. This
time I used this [1] source tarball.

Everything compiled fine and I got USB support after installing
libusb-dev on my recent Ubuntu.

With the new avrdude I am able to access an ATmega2561 as second device
in a Jtag chain. I am using an AVRJtagICE MKII connected via USB.

Example:
/usr/local/bin/avrdude -p m2561 -c jtag2 -P usb -x jtagchain=1,0,8,0 -U
flash:r:flash.hex:i

Thanks for the nice help,
Johannes.

PS: I had to add "jtagchain=" to the -x option which was not mentioned
in the last mail regarding Jtag chaining!

[1]
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/avrdude/avrdude-5.6cvs.tar.gz

--
Johannes Eickhold