Re: [avrdude-dev] mcprog and libhidapi

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] mcprog and libhidapi
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 08:08:08 +0100

As Stefan Rupp wrote:

> so, how about that patch of mine that I linked to from my previous
> mail? Anyone found the time for taking a look at it?

Sorry, I currently don't have any time I could spend into AVRDUDE
work.  I don't know about other developers, but I'm afraid I'm so
far the only one working on the JTAGICE3/Atmel-ICE stuff.

> What's the best way to get this upstream? Would you like me to create a
> bugreport and attach that patchfile to it?

There's a separate tracker category for patches.

Yes, please file it there.  It's the first place where I would search
for it.

Maybe you might also want to look at patch #8591 which came in
yesterday.  It's possible that one is just going to be obsoleted by
your ideas/patch, but it's possible as well this needs to be
considered.

(Please make sure the library detection is handled in configure.ac.
Don't know whether you already did it anyway.)

Danke!
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/