Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom wiki

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom wiki
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 22:01:33 -0400

Bob,

> Have you looked at Mozilla's XUL?
>
>     http://www.xulplanet.com/
>
> Since Mozilla already knows about MathML, a complete user interface for
> a computer algebra system could be implemented in a totally
> platform-independent way inside mozilla, running the axiom process
> locally or remotely...

I spent a year involved in XML and its cousins. I realize that the
browser world is moving to XML based systems and we need to evolve
with it. That said, I'm not the right person to lead in that direction.
User interface work is a talent (like scheduling software) that I lack.
So I'm willing to help and to understand but I'm incapable of making
anything user-affectionate :-).

I will look at the XUL site though. Thanks.