Re: [Axiom-developer] windows/linux coherency

From: michel . lavaud
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] windows/linux coherency
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:16:44 +0100

Hello Cliff,

On 20 Dec 2004 at 5:02, C Y wrote:

> > If you think it could be useful, I can package texmacs + axiom for
> > Windows? I had the impression that the general opinion was that it
> > would be too large a download? But it would be smaller than the
> > Rosetta CD anyway :-) Is there a demand?
>
> Well, in my case there could be, but unless someone other than me
> thinks so I guess the answer would have to be no.  I was curious to
> put the larger, TeXmacs including file up with the basic axiom one and
> see which is the more popular download, as a test of whether
> convenience or filesize should be the more important factor, but
> perhaps savannah wouldn't like that.

Yes, I agree with you, this would be interesting, but IMHO, probably better to
wait until the tm_axiom problem be solved satisfactorily. Otherwise,
downloading a large file, running it and finding it does not work with the very
first example of the Axiom book might provide a disastrous feeling.

Best wishes,
address@hidden
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/EXT/ASTEX
ftp://ftp.univ-orleans.fr/pub/tex/PC/AsTeX
liste de discussion: address@hidden
Abonnement à la liste: envoyer un message de contenu
"sub astex Nom Prenom Etablissement" à address@hidden