[Axiom-developer] Re: Local MathAction

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Local MathAction
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:20:53 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Page, Bill [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:28 PM
To: Ralf Hemmecke
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: RE: Local MathAction

Ralf,

On Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:11 AM you wrote:

> >   /var/lib/plone2/main/zeo/var/Data.fs
>
> I've linked things as you suggested.

I am worried that you are trying to use the

/var/lib/plone2/main/zeo/var/Data.fs

file.

This database will *first* require that you have a
working set of software, Zope+ZWiki+LatexWiki+MathAction
changes to LatexWiki. It should be possible for you to
*first* enter Axiom commands and see the output at graphics
in your browser. Only *then*, after it is working, should
you try to link the new

 /var/lib/plone2/main/zeo/var/Data.fs

file. If the software is not correctly configured, then
this file will certainly fail to display pages. You
should however be able to use ZMI

http://localhost:9673/manage

provided you have a valid user id.

Even after you link the new Data.fs, you will not be
able to see any of the graphic output until you have
run the command

http://localhost:9673/mathaction/FrontPage/clearCache

(do this for each page, or do

http://localhost:9673/mathaction/FrontPage/upgradeAll

for all pages. /upgradeAll is likely to take a long time! )

This will cause Axiom and latex and ghostscript etc. to be
run again to create the .png files in the ../var/LatexWiki
directory.

> Now http://localhost:9673/manage tells me to enter my name
> and password.
> Well, it doesn't let me enter. :-) It seems that the password
> is stored in Data.fs.

Yes, I think that is correct. The administrator user id and
password is stored in the Data.fs.

I can add your user id and password to the Zope database on
axiom-developer.org, so then when you copy it, you will be
able to use that user id. Please let me know what you would
like it to be.