Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows
Date: 16 Dec 2006 20:08:51 -0600

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

| On December 15, 2006 2:22 PM Vanuxem Gregory wrote:
| >
| > Le jeudi 14 décembre 2006 à 22:43 -0600, Gabriel Dos Reis a écrit :
| >
| > [...]
| >
| > --- /usr/local/axiom-testing/src/interp/patches.lisp.pamphlet
| > +++ axiom-windows/AxiomOnWindows/src/interp/patches.lisp.pamphlet
| > @@ -66,8 +123,8 @@
| >  ;; browser stuff:
| >  #+:UNIX (defvar |$standard| 't)
| >  #-:UNIX (defvar |$standard| 'nil)
| > -#+:UNIX (defvar |$saturn| 'nil)
| > -#-:UNIX (defvar |$saturn| 't)
| > +#+(or :UNIX :WINNT) (defvar |$saturn| 'nil)
| > +#-(or :UNIX :WINNT) (defvar |$saturn| 't)

| > Hope this help,
| >

| I can confirm that as of revision #407 (Friday, 15 Dec) the
| build-improvements branch together with Greg's patch above
| builds successfully on Windows. Congratulations!

Congratulations to all of you who helped!
I'm glad to see that we have the basics working (e.g. building
AXIOMsys, algebra).

I hope to check in some other modifications I have in my local trees
before I mebrak on a trip to EU (where I don't expect to have much
time left for working on Axiom).

Next is finaizing the other bits on the TODO list.

| I am SO HAPPY to finally be able to say goodbye to the old
| axiom--windows--1! This the best Christmas/New Year's present
| ever!  :-)

I'm glad you like it :-)

-- Gaby