Re: [Axiom-developer] Knuth's literate style

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Knuth's literate style
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:21:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 14 May 2007, C Y wrote:

| --- Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:
|
| > On Mon, 14 May 2007, C Y wrote:
| >
| > | If you don't mind my asking, why do you say this Gaby?
| >
| > Is your research funding agency interested in funding a research
| > project that sets TeX as a Gold standard?
|
| At the moment, I have no research funding agency.  I'm just a hobbiest
| with a day job.
|
| Whether any agency is willing to fund any of the sort of work we are
| doing here is an open question - a couple of comments I heard at ECCAD
| hinted at some shifts in the funding landscape that aren't especially
| encouraging.
|
| I hadn't heard of association with TeX as being a detrimental factor to
| a project.

I'm pointing at the moon, don't look at my finger.

The detrimental factor is not the association with TeX per se.
But setting TeX as the gold standard: to be blunt, that lacks ambition and
vision; I don't see how a research funding agency would be excited funding
something like that in 2007.

-- Gaby