Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Literate documentation

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Literate documentation
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> wrote:

> Leo supports outlining, but not literate programming (at least not as
> I want to understand it).

That was also my impression, that the "fuzzy" aspects of writing for
human comprehension didn't map well to the leo paradigm.  I had assumed
that I simply wasn't "getting" it...

> The thing I want to see first is documentation. LP is description of
> ideas and backgrounds, proofs, etc. that is supported by running
> code.

I agree - that's a natural consequence of focusing on writing for human
comprehension.

> LEO seems to focus the other way round (program text with comments).
> ((Oh, I still haven't read enough. You can convince me otherwise.))

I also had that impression.  That's why I was hoping for a "paper in
Leo" example somewhere.

I am curious about a small, new lisp editor called Able
http://phil.nullable.eu/ and whether it could be taught to do what we
need for Axiom.  Unfortunately it's GPL which can be tricky in Lisp...

Cheers,
CY