[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Axiom-developer] Re: Bug in AXserver.spad

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Bug in AXserver.spad
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 04:33:07 -0500

My best guess at this point is that the problem happens below the
lisp level at the socket level. 

So if I open the socket and wait for a request from either the
local machine or a remote machine I should get my function called
with a stream that contains the input characters which are the
headers of the request, at minimum.

The local machine requests always prints the request type.

request type: GET

I turned on some debugging and I see one of two failure conditions occur.
Either we get nothing in the stream and only see

request type: 

and nothing else when sent from a remote machine. I modified the
read-char-no-hang loop to print out each character and it gets
nothing from the stream. Thus stream creation is broken in GCL.

Or if the remote request is successful we get a normal request
followed by a series of #xFF characters.  Apparently there is not an
agreement about the EOF character. This causes Axiom to loop looking
for EOF. I inserted code to check for this condition. Thus EOF
checking is broken in GCL.

To make the remote request succeed you simply need to hammer on
the link very fast for a while and the request will get thru.

However, that raises another problem that the XMLHttpRequest objects
can hang. I wrote some javascript code to do a timer pop if I get no
response. Once there is an outstanding XMLHttpRequest that does not
get a response then the connection is permanently hung.

All of this code works perfectly if you browse from the local machine.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]