bibulus-dev

[Bibulus-dev] Re: Many authors

From: Torsten Bronger
Subject: [Bibulus-dev] Re: Many authors
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 22:56:22 +0200

Halloechen!

address@hidden (Thomas M. Widmann) writes:

> address@hidden (Palle Jørgensen) writes:

> I've actually been thinking about the same.  [...]
>
>> > This is not a good idea in my opinion.  It makes the file hard to
>> > read, it is very uncommon, and you don't win much.
>
> Depends.  It's certainly not worth it just to avoid a nametype every
> now and then, but what with authors publishing under many different
> names, it could be nice to have a way of building an author database.

I don't think that a significantly large number of users may want to
do that, and even those people can do that separately.

I like the idea of context independent entries.  If I extract a part
of my bibliography for a friend, I needn't pick all necessary
authors, too.

As far as language dependent names are concerned: If you refer to
something, you must give the original data.  So even if you cite the
TeXbook in a Chinese journal, you must write Knuth with Latin
letters.  The script is part of the bibliography entry and therefore
I see no need for this sort of "language switchboard" that you
propose.

>> >  And, you can use entities for it.
>
> How much can you put into an entity?

A whole XML document.  But no tag must be left open.

Tschoe,
Torsten.