bibulus-dev

[Bibulus-dev] Re: CVS updates

From: Arne Jørgensen
Subject: [Bibulus-dev] Re: CVS updates
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:48:39 +0200

address@hidden (Thomas M. Widmann) writes:

> Arne Jørgensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Martin Lüthi) writes:
>>
>> > I follow the bibulus list with interest. ATM it is a bit annoying
>> > that CVS messages have the same author / format as the rest of the
>> > messages.  Is it possible to either change the cvs author to
>> > address@hidden or to prepend a [CVS] to the Message Title?
>
> I was checking, and I cannot find any way to do this without getting
> Savannah staff to do it.
>
> The emails are generated by the following statement, so if anybody
> knows more about log_accum, please help:
>
> bibulus /usr/local/bin/log_accum -T bibulus -C -m address@hidden -s %{sVv}

I'm guessing:

-s is for subject and ${sVv} som magic to insert information from cvs.

So maybe something like -s '[CVS] %{sVv}' will do the trick?

>> Maybe there should be a seperate list for cvs logs.
>
> That would be very easy indeed to set up, and for mailing list
> subscribers, this should work well.  However, gmane users would then
> have to check that list separately (if that list would get mirrored at
> all).

Should not be a problem.

> Besides, I quite like the fact you can follow up easily to CVS log
> messages, since they may introduce subjects that haven't been
> discussed so far.

Has a point. Could be fixed by forcing follow-ups on a cvs list to the
developer list. Mails that does not come from a cvs commit should not
occur on a cvs list anyway.

But I'm not having strong opinions on this subject.

Kind regards,

     /arne
--
stud. scient. Arne Jørgensen