bibulus-dev

Re: [Bibulus-dev] Re: CVS updates

From: Thomas M. Widmann
Subject: Re: [Bibulus-dev] Re: CVS updates
Date: 22 Apr 2003 22:12:21 +0100

Arne Jørgensen <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Thomas M. Widmann) writes:
>
> > Arne Jørgensen <address@hidden> writes:

> > I was checking, and I cannot find any way to do this without getting
> > Savannah staff to do it.
> >
> > The emails are generated by the following statement, so if anybody
> > knows more about log_accum, please help:
> >
> > bibulus /usr/local/bin/log_accum -T bibulus -C -m address@hidden -s %{sVv}
>
> I'm guessing:
>
> -s is for subject and ${sVv} som magic to insert information from cvs.

The log_accum installed on my Redhat box contains the following in the
beginning (no manual page, it seems):

# Usage: log_accum.pl [-d] [-s] [-w] [-M module] [-u user] [[-m mailto] ...]
[[-R replyto] ...] [-f logfile]
#       -d              - turn on debugging
#       -m mailto       - send mail to "mailto" (multiple)
#       -R replyto      - set the "Reply-To:" to "replyto" (multiple)
#       -M modulename   - set module name to "modulename"
#       -f logfile      - write commit messages to logfile too
#       -s              - *don't* run "cvs status -v" for each file
#       -w              - show working directory with log message
#       -u user         - $USER passed from loginfo

Furthermore, there's a line in the program:
    print MAIL "Subject:  CVS Update: " . $modulename . "\n";
-- so it seems Savannah have patched it. :-(

> So maybe something like -s '[CVS] %{sVv}' will do the trick?

I can try, but according to the above, I doubt it will work. :-(

> >> Maybe there should be a seperate list for cvs logs.
> >
> > That would be very easy indeed to set up, and for mailing list
> > subscribers, this should work well.  However, gmane users would then
> > have to check that list separately (if that list would get mirrored at
> > all).
>
> Should not be a problem.
>
> > Besides, I quite like the fact you can follow up easily to CVS log
> > messages, since they may introduce subjects that haven't been
> > discussed so far.
>
> Has a point. Could be fixed by forcing follow-ups on a cvs list to the
> developer list. Mails that does not come from a cvs commit should not
> occur on a cvs list anyway.

Yes, if the -R option mentioned above works.

/Thomas
--
Thomas Widmann          Bye-bye to BibTeX: join the Bibulus project now!
address@hidden              <http://www.nongnu.org/bibulus/>