[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

ediff can't apply patches with Japanese characters

From: Hannu Koivisto
Subject: ediff can't apply patches with Japanese characters
Date: 01 Jul 2001 02:13:26 +0300
User-agent: Gnus/5.090003 (Oort Gnus v0.03) Emacs/20.7


I have a file and a patch file that I'm supposed to apply to it.
If I say "patch < my-patch-file" on shell prompt, the patch applies
just fine.  If, however, I find-file the file to be patched and
then try to apply the patch with ediff-patch-buffer, I get an error
message to *ediff patch diagnostics* where patch complains about a
"malformed patch at line 27: ...".

The "..." part contains encoded Japanese characters that I wasn't
able to paste, so I'm including the contents of *ediff patch
diagnostics* buffer as an attachment.  In any case, it says the
line is "<ESC>(B+w3m<...>" but the line 27 in the patch file is
actually "+w3m<...>".  FWIW, the previous line ends to "<ESC>(B".

The patch file and the file that I tried to apply it to are
available at request.

I'm using Emacs 20.7 and patch 2.5.4 on Debian GNU/Linux unstable


Attachment: patch-diagnostics
Description: Contents of *ediff patch diagnostics* buffer

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]