bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#1551: marked as done (23.0.60; declare-function: redundant `nil' ar


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#1551: marked as done (23.0.60; declare-function: redundant `nil' arg)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:15:08 -0800

Your message dated Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:08:45 -0500
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: bug#1551: 23.0.60; declare-function: redundant `nil' arg
has caused the Emacs bug report #1551,
regarding 23.0.60; declare-function: redundant `nil' arg
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
1551: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1551
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: 23.0.60; declare-function: redundant `nil' arg Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 15:23:15 +0100 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.0.60 (gnu/linux)
In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.23 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of
2008-12-12 on escher 

According to the argument-list of declare-function, only its first two
arguments are obligatory.  But by rgrepping emacs/lisp for
"(declare-function" I found four invocations with `nil' as the third
argument (there are many more invocations with only two arguments):

./calendar/todo-mode.el:914:(declare-function calendar-current-date "calendar" 
nil)
./progmodes/fortran.el:917:(declare-function gud-find-c-expr "gud.el" nil)
./smerge-mode.el:1079:(declare-function ediff-cleanup-mess "ediff-util" nil)
./subr.el:2251:(declare-function w32-shell-dos-semantics "w32-fns" nil)

Patches attached.

*** /home/steve/cvsroot/emacs/lisp/smerge-mode.el.~1.74.~       2008-11-04 
21:09:18.000000000 +0100
--- /home/steve/cvsroot/emacs/lisp/smerge-mode.el       2008-12-12 
15:03:30.000000000 +0100
***************
*** 1076,1082 ****
  (defvar ediff-buffer-C)
  (defvar ediff-ancestor-buffer)
  (defvar ediff-quit-hook)
! (declare-function ediff-cleanup-mess "ediff-util" nil)
  
  ;;;###autoload
  (defun smerge-ediff (&optional name-mine name-other name-base)
--- 1076,1082 ----
  (defvar ediff-buffer-C)
  (defvar ediff-ancestor-buffer)
  (defvar ediff-quit-hook)
! (declare-function ediff-cleanup-mess "ediff-util")
  
  ;;;###autoload
  (defun smerge-ediff (&optional name-mine name-other name-base)
*** /home/steve/cvsroot/emacs/lisp/subr.el.~1.623.~     2008-11-20 
13:49:52.000000000 +0100
--- /home/steve/cvsroot/emacs/lisp/subr.el      2008-12-12 15:04:49.000000000 
+0100
***************
*** 2248,2254 ****
        (play-sound-internal sound)
      (error "This Emacs binary lacks sound support")))
  
! (declare-function w32-shell-dos-semantics "w32-fns" nil)
  
  (defun shell-quote-argument (argument)
    "Quote an argument for passing as argument to an inferior shell."
--- 2248,2254 ----
        (play-sound-internal sound)
      (error "This Emacs binary lacks sound support")))
  
! (declare-function w32-shell-dos-semantics "w32-fns")
  
  (defun shell-quote-argument (argument)
    "Quote an argument for passing as argument to an inferior shell."
*** /home/steve/cvsroot/emacs/lisp/calendar/todo-mode.el.~1.71.~        
2008-10-25 20:48:16.000000000 +0200
--- /home/steve/cvsroot/emacs/lisp/calendar/todo-mode.el        2008-12-12 
14:57:25.000000000 +0100
***************
*** 911,917 ****
  (defvar entry)
  
  ;; t-c should be used from diary code, which requires calendar.
! (declare-function calendar-current-date "calendar" nil)
  
  ;; Read about this function in the setup instructions above!
  ;;;###autoload
--- 911,917 ----
  (defvar entry)
  
  ;; t-c should be used from diary code, which requires calendar.
! (declare-function calendar-current-date "calendar")
  
  ;; Read about this function in the setup instructions above!
  ;;;###autoload
*** /home/steve/cvsroot/emacs/lisp/progmodes/fortran.el.~1.151.~        
2008-11-20 13:49:53.000000000 +0100
--- /home/steve/cvsroot/emacs/lisp/progmodes/fortran.el 2008-12-12 
14:59:26.000000000 +0100
***************
*** 914,920 ****
    "Fortran mode adds this to `hack-local-variables-hook'."
    (fortran-line-length fortran-line-length))
  
! (declare-function gud-find-c-expr "gud.el" nil)
  
  (defun fortran-gud-find-expr ()
    ;; Consider \n as punctuation (end of expression).
--- 914,920 ----
    "Fortran mode adds this to `hack-local-variables-hook'."
    (fortran-line-length fortran-line-length))
  
! (declare-function gud-find-c-expr "gud.el")
  
  (defun fortran-gud-find-expr ()
    ;; Consider \n as punctuation (end of expression).

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: bug#1551: 23.0.60; declare-function: redundant `nil' arg Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:08:45 -0500 User-agent: Gnus (www.gnus.org), GNU Emacs (www.gnu.org/software/emacs/)
tags 1551 notabug
stop

Stephen Berman wrote:

> According to the argument-list of declare-function, only its first two
> arguments are obligatory.  But by rgrepping emacs/lisp for
> "(declare-function" I found four invocations with `nil' as the third
> argument (there are many more invocations with only two arguments):

Not a bug. Third argument unspecified means argument list unspecified.
Third argument nil means argument list stated to be nil. These are not
the same thing.



--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]