bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#4344: marked as done (Highlight escape character sequences in isearc


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#4344: marked as done (Highlight escape character sequences in isearch and query-replace)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 01:05:07 +0000

Your message dated Thu, 10 Sep 2009 03:55:55 +0300
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: bug#4344: Highlight escape character sequences in isearch 
and query-replace
has caused the Emacs bug report #4344,
regarding Highlight escape character sequences in isearch and query-replace
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
4344: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4344
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Highlight escape character sequences in isearch and query-replace Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 00:14:38 +0300 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
Normally characters sequences using `^' are displayed in the
`escape-glyph' face.  However, in isearch and query-replace that both
use `isearch-text-char-description' it is hard to distinguish
escape character sequences visually because they are not highlighted.
Here is a fix:

Index: lisp/isearch.el
===================================================================
RCS file: /sources/emacs/emacs/lisp/isearch.el,v
retrieving revision 1.346
diff -u -r1.346 isearch.el
--- lisp/isearch.el     1 Sep 2009 07:24:19 -0000       1.346
+++ lisp/isearch.el     4 Sep 2009 21:12:37 -0000
@@ -2496,8 +2501,8 @@
 
 (defun isearch-text-char-description (c)
   (cond
-   ((< c ?\s) (format "^%c" (+ c 64)))
-   ((= c ?\^?) "^?")
+   ((< c ?\s) (propertize (format "^%c" (+ c 64)) 'face 'escape-glyph))
+   ((= c ?\^?) (propertize "^?" 'face 'escape-glyph))
    (t (char-to-string c))))
 
 ;; General function to unread characters or events.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/



--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: bug#4344: Highlight escape character sequences in isearch and query-replace Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 03:55:55 +0300 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
>> Normally characters sequences using `^' are displayed in the
>> `escape-glyph' face.  However, in isearch and query-replace that both
>> use `isearch-text-char-description' it is hard to distinguish
>> escape character sequences visually because they are not highlighted.
>> Here is a fix:
>
> Feel free to install it, thanks,

Done.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/

--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]