[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#8780: 24.0.50; Coding system and eol style auto-detection after open
bug#8780: 24.0.50; Coding system and eol style auto-detection after opening remote files
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:26:22 +0200
1. Start Emacs (emacs -Q).
2. Save the *scratch* buffer file to the local machine, in format
3. Put an exact copy of the above file into another machine accesible via ftp.
4. Open the local file (created in #2), and check the modeline flags
(coding system and eol style) and the buffer contents. --> Both look
5. Open the remote file (C-x C-f /address@hidden:/path-to-file), and check
the modeline flags and buffer contents. --> Both look right too.
6. Kill both buffers and repeat step #4 and/or #5. --> Now the
behavior is different (and likely wrong): (a) the modeline flags say
nothing about the coding system, (b) the eol style supposedly is
(Unix) now, and thus the buffer shows ^M characters at the end of each
and every line.
In GNU Emacs 184.108.40.206 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
of 2011-05-31 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags
- bug#8780: 24.0.50; Coding system and eol style auto-detection after opening remote files,
Dani Moncayo <=