c-prog-book-questions

[C questions] promptly

From: Olivia Vargas
Subject: [C questions] promptly
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 05:37:11 -0400

Sonora might have returned or anything could have happened.
Malloy wanted twenty thousand dollars, said Bambridge. Oh, it will, Jed, replied Molly, hopefully.
Thats why I came, almost yelled Bambridge, red in theface. They all wanted it this spring, but I coaxed off tillfall. The little gunmandied on his feet, without a movement, even of that terribly sensitiveright hand.
Belonged to my driver, Pedro, lyin there, said Traft, nodding at thedead man.
They shore werent in the roadback there a ways. They went outside, and Stone experienced a qualm when Malloy hobbled tohis favourite seat. Something wedged into hiseager one-ideaed mind.
I never seen a madder manthan Tanner, nor a scareder one than Darnell.
It wasan old roof of shacks an brush, an shore dry. Jed Stone, are you aimin fer thet ten thousand? Im gonna run out under cover ofthet smoke, an make a break fer cover.
Without speaking they threw saddles and packs, and left theweary horses standing. Damn it, am I loony, or do I smell blood? Now, Molly, dont you say one word aboot me tillI think it over.
The one I shot wasnt young Traft, an neither was the other.
When daylight come I took a look out, an was surprisedwhen the bullets began to fly. The threerustlers came very slowly up the slope, to halt before the cabin.
Wal, I reckon you can keep them for Croak, said Stone, with humour. Bambridge reacted slowly to that suggestion. Howdy, Tanner, said Stone, civilly, though he did not move towardMalloys new man.
After all, he was notto ride away from the brakes without the blood of Croak Malloy on hishands. Malloy wanted twenty thousand dollars, said Bambridge.
But he had only aboot five hundred onhim, an some papers.
They all wanted it this spring, but I coaxed off tillfall. Reeves entered with the lean-jawedstranger.
Not a violentblow, though it brought blood!
Smoke curling from the stone chimney of the logcabin! Thet damned redskin Dunn had set fire to the cabin roof. At thetMalloy an Bambridge rung me into the only one. Thets why I near rode Bambridge off his laigs gettinhyar.
He did notneed to come to close quarters with the driver. Yet he recognised familiarcountry when he rode into it.
They had turned off not toavoid him, but for reasons of their own.
And as he glanced in he heard agirls low cry, deep, broken with emotion.