c-prog-book-questions

[C questions] cube language laboratory

From: Geoffrey Yang
Subject: [C questions] cube language laboratory
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:26:55 +0200

Already that day they had marchedtwenty miles beneath a blistering sun from the last water.
The command to chargewas given and up the slope the soldiers raced, yelling. On several occasions he ventured down upon the plains afterantelope. I dont believe theres an Apache within fortymiles of us, outside our own scouts. Four times from the valley below a coyote yelped and thereveries of Shoz-Dijiji were broken. It was a useless sacrifice and the retreat wassounded.
He nudged his wifeand pointed, speaking excitedly.
Presently his eyes alighted upon Shoz-Dijiji.
This was thefirst step and it had come years before he had hoped toachieve it.
Youre goin with me, but you ainta-goin as Mrs. Wait, he said, until they havekilled your women; then you will have the right to speak. A sergeant, beneath a hail of lead, brought in a woundedofficer.
He only knew that itpleased him to interfere. Let him go, captain, he begged, for he is avery good Indian.
Thegirls horse wheeled and ran toward the south. Geronimo came and laid a hand upon hisshoulder. I dont believe theres an Apache within fortymiles of us, outside our own scouts. From the base of the hills ahead came the crack of a rifle,putting a period to that paragraph.
For an hour the cavalrymen sweltered and cursed in the dustybarranca.
He didnt have nothin onbut a G-string an moccasins, an he was totin a youngarsenal.
He heard the girl call one of the men byname, demanding that they release her.
Already that day they had marchedtwenty miles beneath a blistering sun from the last water. A lieutenant with six men and three scouts was sent ahead ofthe column.
I could not know my own mothers face better, thewoodchopper assured him. On they went, up toward that silent, rock-bound hilltop.
There was one woodchopper who always came alone. An owl hooted down from the hills behind him;from the north came the scream of a bobcat. I will kill their warriors, replied Shoz-Dijiji, quietly. You cant most always sometimes tell, sir, hevolunteered.