certi-devel

Re: CERTI-Devel Digest, Vol 25, Issue 9

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: CERTI-Devel Digest, Vol 25, Issue 9
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:01:35 +0100

2008/1/28, Christian Stenzel <address@hidden>:
> > Ok I've checked with others.
> > You may use CVS for MatlabHLA_Toolbox and F90HLA.
> >
> > I would suggest to put those modules under /applications.
> >
> > Today we have
> >
> > /certi           --> CERTI
> > /applications/HLA_Tutorial --> HLA_Tutorial
> >
> > we may add
> >
> > /applications/MatlabHLA_Toolbox
> > /applications/F90HLA
>
> Fine. I've attached both tar balls.
>
> > I'd rather keep the directory name "generic"
> > (without "13") because CVS way to handle directories
> > is just painful, you cannot rename,
> > you cannot even delete a directory easily (CVS administrator right are
> > needed).
>
> I've no problems to rename the toplevel directories, but I wouldn't
> rename the directory F90HLA/libF90HLA13, because this is a library
> for HLA13. Is the creation also problematic? If CERTI goes up to
> 1516 I would create a new dir F90HLA/libF90HLA1516.

No problem for subdirs.

> > Tell me if you are OK with this (generic name, me putting the first
> > commit) or NOT.
>
> I'm okay with this, yes.

Done.
You may checkout your modules with the following commands:

cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/sources/certi co -d F90HLA
applications/F90HLA

and

cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/sources/certi co -d
MatlabHLA_Toolbox applications/MatlabHLA_Toolbox

These are only examples, note the -d in order to get rid of the
"applications" prefix.
If you checkout:

cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/sources/certi co applications

you'll get all subdirs of applications.

I did add 2 categories in the trackers (bugs and tasks):

MatlabHLA_Toolbox
F90HLA

this way anyone can file appropriate bug or task to the freshly
created modules :=)

I invite you to post a news in order to announce the your new modules:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/news/submit.php?group=certi

news are moderated such that after you submit your news an admin
should approve it. This is done in order to avoid mistake using the news.
After it has been approved the news will appear in the CERTI at
Savannah homepage.
For each news a copy is sent to announce and devel mailing lists.

Enjoy using CVS for your work :=)

--
Erk