chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] Re: [Chicken-bugs] #356: inline recursion

From: Elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] Re: [Chicken-bugs] #356: inline recursion
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:55:52 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, felix winkelmann wrote:

heres some mostly-not-pseudocode to explain what i meant.  i make no promises
about whether this will work as currently coded, nor that i havent made stupid
errors, nor that this is optimal, nor ... you get the idea.  i threw it together
in a few hours, but it should work as an explanation.

Thanks, elf. This looks interesting, but seems to be a bit heavyweight
(I mean, it
is a lot of work, together with some custom code-walking). I've added the file
to the repository (misc/inline.scm), but can not tell yet, when I'll get around
looking more deeply into this.

glad to be of service.  i can try to work out if/how something like this could
be integrated into the extant code this weekend if youd like, as well as checking to see if it actually works and optimising it properly. :)

-elf

cheers,
felix