Re: [Chicken-users] 1.50 build problems

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 1.50 build problems
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:49:18 +0200

Daniel B. Faken wrote:
Hello all,

Felix, many thanks for all the work you've done. I look forward especially to having cleaned-up 'setup' scripts.

  The inevitable quibble:
  Is it just me, or is the 'configure' script messed up?
It doesn't seem to touch the AC_CONFIG_FILES Defined in configure.in (e.g. chicken.spec still has %{name} instead of chicken), and the AC_CONFIG_FILES don't include csc.scm.in - instead, a version of csc.scm is provided which depends on installation being in /usr/local (I could of course use the '-compiler' flag, but then I have to modify all the egg
setup scripts..).

That the tarball contains csc.scm is a mistake on my part. csc.scm is
built from csc.scm.in in a specific makefile rule. The csc.scm in there
is just what's left from my local build here.

Why chicken.spec isn't touched, I don't know. I don't really grok autoconf,
unfortunately.
Somebody here who can give me a clue?

  Just trying to help things along.. :)

Much appreciated!