[Chicken-users] INCLUDE with modules

From: Grzegorz Chrupała
Subject: [Chicken-users] INCLUDE with modules
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:40:58 +0200

Hi List,

I haven't used Chicken much yet so I'm likely to be just confused, but
the following looks to me like a bug in Chicken's module system:

address@hidden chicken]$ cat foo.scm
(define foo 'FOO)
address@hidden chicken]$ cat bar.scm
(module bar
  (a)
  (define (a) foo)
  (define b 41)
  (include "foo.scm"))
address@hidden chicken]$ rlwrap csi -hygienic

  ___| |    _)      |
 |     __ \  |  __| |  /  _ \ __ \
 |     | | | | (      <   __/ |   |
\____|_| |_|_|\___|_|\_\\___|_|  _|

Version 1, Build 51 - linux-unix-gnu-x86
(c)2000-2004 Felix L. Winkelmann
Using hygienic macros
#;> (load "bar")
#;> (import bar)
#;> (a)
FOO
#;> b
Error: unbound variable: b
#;> foo
FOO
#;>

Unless I'm doing something wrong or misunderstanding something, it seems
that identifiers defined within a module body via INCLUDE are exported
even though they are not listed among exports.

Cheers!
--
Grzegorz Chrupała | http://pithekos.net | address@hidden
[M]y production vocabulary is very large, my style often swerves between