[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[Chicken-users] CMake problem on Linux should be solved

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] CMake problem on Linux should be solved
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:39:05 -0700
User-agent: Thunderbird (Windows/20060719)

CMake 2.4.3 has a bug where static and dynamic libraries clobber each other during the build if they have the same rootname. The bug affects all OSes. Previously I thought it only affected Windows, and I implemented hacks during the INSTALL to get around it. Felix reported a problem on Linux and Bill of Kitware confirmed that it's the same bug.

I decided it is too complicated to do more INSTALL hacks, as I don't really know what suffixes are apropos on Linux or arbitrary OSes in general, nor do I have the ability to test them. So, static libraries are now built in a /static subdirectory. This took some refactoring of CMakeLists.txt. It wasn't trivial but it was doable, about a day's work. The results are now in Darcs. I have confirmed that VS 7.1, MinGW, and Cygwin all build and install just fine now. I am projecting that Linux will build and install just fine now as well, since it will go through the same code path as the MinGW build.

I await your tests.

Brandon Van Every

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]