Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install doesn't install compiled submodules

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken-install doesn't install compiled submodules
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 20:20:13 +0100

* Juergen Lorenz <address@hidden> [120324 11:42]:
> Hello all,
>
> when installing (via chicken-install) a module with a number of
> submodules (for example iup) I noticed, that the submodules are only
> installed as *.import.scm, albeit the *.import.so files are generated
> behind the scene and temporarily stored (according to the -k switch).
> Is this a bug or a feature? What's the rationale behind it?

I guess this is an oversight from the respective egg maintainers.
Which eggs do show such behaviour besides IUP?

In general import files are loaded as compiler extensions when
importing the module namespace. Compiled macros should be a lot
faster than eval'ed ones.

Kind regards,

Christian

--
9 out of 10 voices in my head say, that I am crazy,
one is humming.