LGPL for Dummies...

From: Brad \(Online\) Jarvinen
Subject: LGPL for Dummies...
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:54:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I could use a plain English translation of the LGPL:

If I chose to take the AWT from ClassPath and
modify it for my own VM, are the following statements
true according to the LGPL?

- I cannot charge a license fee for using my VM
  because of the modified AWT.
- the modified AWT source must be made available
  to the end user (e.g. cannot just send class files).
- the rest of the VM and class packages that don't
  relate to the modified AWT do not fall under the
  same LGPL (i.e. can be private).
- any Java app that uses the modified AWT is also
  not covered under that same LGPL (i.e. can be
private).

Sound right or wrong?

Thanks!
Brad