Re: java.awt status LGPL -> GPL?

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: Re: java.awt status LGPL -> GPL?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:51:44 -0800

Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

> I was not aware that the license of the awt classes should have been
> changed from LGPL to GPL.

The AWT classes are GPL'd.  New licensing headers need to be checked
into CVS.  If someone could go ahead and do this, that would be a
help.  I haven't had time to do so.

> Note that GCC 3.0.x ships with a partial AWT implementation under
> GPL+exception.

The AWT files that are part of the GCC release are GPL'd.  The
licensing information at the top of such files is incorrect.

> And the just announced Wonka class libraries seem to come
> with a complete AWT under a BSD+trademark style license.

I'll have to look at this.