Re: nio package and asynchronous io

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: nio package and asynchronous io
Date: 04 Feb 2002 22:48:29 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 22:19, Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> Do you think that Buffers should be a part of classpath ? Or should they
> be left for jvm implementors ? There is quite a lot of code there - all
> kinds of wrapper classes, splitting, views etc. But on the other hand,
> core get/set functions have to be really optimized for specific jvm...

All the publicly defined buffer classes are abstract anyway.
So yes, I think all classes defined in the 1.4 api spec should be part
of Classpath. We can even provide sample implementations of most of the
non-abstract classes. But lets first write all the java code, most of it
is infrastructure anyway. Then we can pester the VM writers to give us
efficient optimized support.