GNU Classpath 0.07 NEWS

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: GNU Classpath 0.07 NEWS
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:39:00 +0100

Hi,

It has been three months since the last snapshot release so we are going
to do another one this week. I would like to get 0.07 out the door on
Friday. There are some URLConnection and gnu.java.net.protocol fixes
from libgcj that must go in since networking is very broken otherwise.
But we will do another snapshot release in three months anyway so it
doesn't have to be perfect. It really is just a development snapshot for
people who don't like to work from CVS. And it is a clear point to sync
with for some of the projects that depend on GNU Classpath, but don't
want to release with a CVS version.

Please add anything you want to get in for 0.07 before Friday, but try
to not destabilize the tree to much. Mauve results look reasonable now,
although they are not perfect yet. Adding the URLConnection and protocol
versions from libgcj I get the following results with Kissme:
182 of 10352 tests failed

Sascha send some nice updates to put into the NEWS file.
The current items look as follows:

New in release 0.07 (not-yet-released)

* java.awt gtk+ peers now depend on gtk+ 2.2.x.
* java.awt.geom.CubicCurve2D, java.awt.geom.QuadCurve2D:
  Subdivision and flatness calculation implemented.
* java.awt.geom.FlatteningPathIterator: Working implementation.
* gnu.java.awt.BitwiseXORComposite helper class.
* Improved documentation.
* Fixed various bugs in java.awt, java.awt.font, java.awt.geom, java.awt.image,
  javax.swing.undo, (possibly many others).
* Fixed Classpath bugs:
  #2944 Incorrect synchronization in java.util.logging.ErrorManager
  #6075 java.awt.geom.GeneralPath.getCurrentPoint returns wrong results
  #6076 java.awt.geom.GeneralPath constructor sometimes hangs
  #6089 java.awt.geom.GeneralPath.getPathIterator does not work

VM Interface changes:

* Thread has been split in a VM-independent Thread class and a VM-dependent
  VMThread class.

Please add anything that you think should be mentioned for people who
look for GNU Classpath progress by looking at NEWS items.

Thanks,