Re: Free Java, the sequel

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Free Java, the sequel
Date: 04 Mar 2004 11:42:10 -0700

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Gray <address@hidden> writes:

Chris> This is bizarre.  IBM already has an open source version of
Chris> Java (JikesVM), but perhaps Rod Smith is not aware of that.

Yeah.

Chris> Maybe we should write an open letter to the open letter writers?

If only we had some useful distribution channel.  Unfortunately I
think it is too late to give a JavaOne talk.

It would be great to get our desires on the agenda though.  This is
what Mark was getting at with the "SCSL and FSF" thread a week or so
ago...

Tom