Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:38:31 +0200

Etienne Gagnon wrote:
Hi all,

As most people dislike the m4 approach without even having a look at it
(just remembering m4 as used in auto* stuff...), I will no push for this
further.  I have no time for religious wars.

I'd like to say that I wouldn't mind the m4 approach since I'm interested in sharing as much as possible of the necessary class library work between different VMs [1]. Alas, Kaffe is not ready for that yet, and it may take another few months till we switch completely to GNU Classpath for our class library. But then I'd be glad to do the guinea pig bit for such an integration.

I also think providing as much as possible in pure java is the way to go, and such I guess I agree with most of what's been said here.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] Other parts, too, of course.