Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues
Date: 31 Mar 2004 16:43:17 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> I admit not to have looked into or thought about java.lang.ref support
Mark> yet. How many VMs based on GNU Classpath properly implement those?

libgcj claims to :-).  We had to hack Reference.java a little.

   http://gcc.gnu.org/java/compare/java.lang.ref.Reference.diff

I don't remember the rationale for all the changes at this moment, but
I could dig them up if someone really needs to know.  Some of them
can't be understood without also looking at how we implement the
native parts of this code.

I wouldn't expect a VM to need any changes outside of Reference.

Tom