GNU Classpath Tools (cp-tools) now part of savannah classpath project

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: GNU Classpath Tools (cp-tools) now part of savannah classpath project
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 18:35:31 +0200

Hi all,

As discussed on the cp-tools list we decided to pull the administrative
tasks of the cp-tools and classpath savannah project together.
GNU Classpath Tools was officially always a subproject of GNU Classpath,
but for administrative purposes and because the tools were/could be
distributed separately from the core class libraries they were in
another savannah project. But now it seems it is much easier for the
administrative tasks for them to be the same savannah project.

Every savannah classpath hacker can now automatically help out with the
tools without having to ask to be added to a different savannah project.
All tools are distributed under the GNU General Public License.
The general GNU Classpath Hacker Guide policies apply.
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html

If you were already working on these CVS modules you will need to adjust
the CVSROOT through cvschroot from the cvsutils package. Or checkout the
modules freshly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

export CVS_RSH="ssh"
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/classpath co cp-tools
For the javah, javap, serialver tools and the currency/local parsers
that Guilhem has been working on.

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/classpath co gjdoc
For the gjdoc API generation tool.

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/classpath co texinfo-doclet
For the gjdoc doclet plugin that generates texinfo files.

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/classpath co automakejar
For the automakejar tool that some of the above modules use.

Change anoncvs for your user name on savannah.
Everybody that was part of the cp-tools project is/was already part of
the classpath savannah project.

Discussion about the tools still goes to address@hidden
Commit messages go to address@hidden